Wednesday 6 May 2020

New Book Plans


It's always exciting to make new plans about books. In the past, I've been able to make plans for new book assignments from publishers, or for books in genres new to me. Now, I have entirely new projects from a brand-new publisher releasing my books.


During the coronavirus pandemic, many book projects have been postponed. Tours, book signings, and visits to schools or libraries -- these kinds of book events have been cancelled or changed to online equivalents. Though nothing is exactly like holding a book in one's hands or meeting an author in person, there are terrific things being done with e-books, podcasts and online events, and correspondence. I'm particularly glad to hear of bookstores continuing to order books for pickup at their doors.

There are many book projects going ahead, with optimism. I'm proud to be part of one of them. Look for my new books coming out in 2020 through Doublejoy Books. This publisher of eclectic books will be releasing in June my collection of speculative fiction stories, Small Rain and Other Nightmares. There will be other projects from Doublejoy Books later in the year, and in future.

No comments: